Third Eye Chakra•
The Third Eye Chakra is located on the forehead, between and just above the eyes. It governs the Pineal gland, which some believe is the key to everything.
How does it affect me?
The effects of an unbalanced or closed 3rd Eye chakra are numerous. Migraines, headaches, poor judgement, lack of focus, poor decision-making skills, closed to new and/or different ideas and ways of thinking. All of these issues will cause problems in our daily lives, but it goes beyond just that. Our 3rd Eye chakra is tied to our intuition, our knowing and is associated with the Light. We like to think of it as our telephone to the Divine Source. When there is a disruption in this area, we have no service. We are unable to hear that soft voice inside of us, guiding us and helping us along this physical journey.
How can I balance it?
- Color therapy - While the other chakras we've covered have one color associated with it, this one has multiple. INDIGO and PURPLE are the colors of this chakra. Burning indigo or purple candles will help to open and balance this area. Wear indigo (or purple) clothing and accessories. Wear Amethyst or Moonstone rings, bracelets, necklaces or earrings (the closer to the 3rd eye, the better).
- Crystal therapy - There are many crystals that aid in opening and balancing this chakra. Here are the ones we use~
- Herkimer (this should be used with another crystal as it amplifies the energy of the crystals around it)
- Moldavite (extremely powerful, use with caution!)
- Essential Oils - Blue Yarrow (we use this directly on our 3rd eye, it's amazing!), frankincense, juniper
- Herbs - Mint, jasmine, eyebright, ginko
- Meditation - Solfeggio frequencies are wonderful when working on this chakra. There are so many to choose from (free) on youtube. Find the one that resonates with you and stick with that one for at least a week.
- Chanting - This chakra is activated by the sound of OM. Om is the sound of the universe and when chanted, is quite powerful. If you have a singing bowl or tingshas (Tibetan chimes/bells), now is the best time to break those out.
There is all kinds of information out there on how to open the 3rd eye. Use what works for you. It's a very personal process and sometimes what works some people, won't work for others.Find what feels right to you and stick with it. This is not an over-night process, but a road to awakening.
The Crown Chakra is our connection to the Divine. To all that is. To everyone and everything. If this area is unbalanced there may be feelings of b...Read More
Third Eye Chakra
The effects of an unbalanced or closed 3rd Eye chakra are numerous. Migraines, headaches, poor judgement, lack of focus, poor decision-making skill...Read More
The Throat Chakra or Vishuddha is the first of the three Spiritual Chakras and can be found in the throat region of the body. This chakra is all ab...Read More