The Heart Chakra
Today we are focusing on the 4th chakra, the Heart or Anahata chakra. This is also known as the Seat of the Soul.
Where is it?The Heart Chakra resides in the center of the chest. Put your hand there now and focus on it.
How does it affect me?We have all been affected by an unbalanced heart chakra at one time or another in our lives. Unless you are a hermit, it is nearly impossible to get through this life without being hurt. It's part of our human experience. It's what we do with these experiences that make us balanced or unbalanced. An unbalance in this region feels like grief, anger, jealousy, betrayal and mistrust.We find that for some people, this is the hardest chakra to balance and to keep balanced. It is natural for us to protect ourselves from being hurt, especially when we've been hurt many times. But with this protection comes consequences to our body/mind/spirit. The secret here is forgiveness. Feel the feeling that is causing you hurt. Yes, feel it.. don't ignore it. It's when we ignore or push away an emotion, that it begins to fester and causes issues. So feel what you need to feel, then let it go. That is key! Just let it go. Give it up to the Divine and allow yourself to heal. Try to pay attention to what the lesson was in the experience, learn it and move forward. Always move forward.
How can I balance it?
- Color therapy - GREEN is the color of this chakra. Wear green, burn a green candle, bring green plants into your home or take a walk in nature.
- Crystal therapy - Most green crystals will work (aventurine, green calcite, moss agate, emerald etc). But more than just using a green crystal we recommend rose quartz, rhodochrosite, danburite or petalite.
- Essential oils - Eucalyptus, Geranium, Tea Tree
- Herbs - Jasmine, Lavender, Basil, Cilantro, Sage
- Chant - YAM is the sound of this chakra. Say this word out loud and feel how it feels. Feel the vibration in your chest. Breathe deep, chant it again and really feel it.
- Elemental therapy - Wind/Air is the elemental of this chakra. So open the windows, drive with the car windows down. Run, swing or fly a kite.
- Random Act of Kindness - This is the BEST one by far that we've found to balance and keep balanced the heart chakra. Not only do you make someone else's day when you practice this, but you are releasing feel good hormones in yourself that allow healing to occur within you.