Black salt is a staple in any Witch toolbox. With myriad uses, this is one of the most versatile tools one can use for spiritual practice. While the list of uses is long, it is primarily put to use for protection, banishing and energetic cleansing.
Packaged in a gorgeous Spanish red glass bottle, we’ve used recycled materials so we can protect mother earth as best we can, while providing you with tools for spiritual improvement. Each bottle holds 4oz of pure black salt, to which we add no fragrances. Already have your own container? No problem, we also offer 4oz refills.
While the uses are many, here are a few examples of what Black Salt is used for:
- Banishing negativity by sprinkling black salt around the perimeter of your property, combined with any other cleansing method of your choice.
- Thin lines of salt along the threshold of windows and doors to keep out negative energy and spirits.
- Keeping a hidden stash of Black Salt in shared spaces is said to absorb anger, negative feelings, and jealousy – leading to more positive office interactions
- Adding some Black Salt when making a charm for positive outcomes such as wealth or luck is said to ward off jealousy once those outcomes are achieved.
- Black salt can represent the element of Earth in new moon, shadow magic, or Dark Goddess rites.
- A teaspoon or so of black salt dissolved in water makes an effective wash for extra-nasty energetic problems. (Be careful—colored salt can stain clothes and surfaces.) Wash your floor from the back of the room toward the door, and your body from the top down.
- When an unwanted person is leaving your home, throw a pinch of black salt in their footsteps to prevent their return. Said to be especially effective against witches and ill-wishers.
- To get someone or something out of your life for good, write it on your altar with black salt. (A paper cone makes it easier.) Focus on banishing it/them while you sweep the salt away.
- Make a protective candle by rolling the still-soft wax in black salt. If using an existing candle, you can melt the wax surface slightly with the flame of a lighter. Use the candle in spells of protection and banishing.
*Black Salt is NOT food grade and should never be consumed
Already have your own container and just need black salt? We have it here