Sometimes called Muladhara, the Root chakra is related to all your basic needs. This chakra sits at the base of your spine and is highly responsive to everything connected to your security. The Root Chakra is foundational. When all is well with this chakra, you feel secure, calm and anchored in reality. You are bold enough to tackle new challenges feel confident in doing so. This makes a properly aligned Root Chakra vital whenever trying something new or pursuing a major life goal.
A blocked Root chakra may look like:
- An increase in your anxiety levels
- Feeling threatened or unsafe
- Panic attacks or panic attack symptoms (like hyperventilation or a racing heart)
- Negativity towards yourself and others
- Concentration difficulties
- An unhealthy relationship with food
- Low self-confidence
- Trouble making decisions
- Excessive reliance on external feedback
Meditating is a wonderful way to focus on this chakra to help open and balance it. Use our Muladhara incense sticks to direct your attention and intention of working on this energy center.