Posted on October 18 2019
What is the Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus chakra is also known as Manipura and sits in the space between your navel and breastbone. Put your hand there now and focus on this area.
How does it affect me?
This chakra is the seat of our will and our ego. It is where our personal power, self-confidence and sense of purpose comes from. If there is an imbalance in this area, feelings of low self-esteem, powerlessness and anger will be felt.
Many many people suffer from an inbalanced Solar Plexus chakra. Try this experiment today- While you are out, watch people around you. If you see a person with their arms crossed over any part of their body (stomach, heart etc) they are energetically protecting it. If a person is shielding (crossing) with their arms, they are in protection mode. This action tells quite a bit about what a person is going through at that moment. Stand back and watch people interacting with each other. Is one person crossing their arms over their stomach region? Then they may have an imbalance in their Solar Plexus chakra. Do you cross your arms when you are interacting with someone? Pay attention to this! Your subconscious is trying to tell you something.
How can I balance it?
We are breaking this section down into Overactive (anger, being judgmental, perfectionist) and Underactive (low self-esteem, fear, mistrust).
- Color therapy – YELLOW is the color of this chakra. Wear something yellow, burn a yellow candle, buy yellow flowers and bring them in your home or office.
- Crystal therapy –
- Tiger’s Eye is wonderful if you have low self-esteem. It brings in motivation and willpower.
- Citrine is perfect for this chakra, but make sure you are using a real citrine. Most polished citrine crystals are actually heat-treated amethyst. It is best to purchase this in its raw, rough form.
- Peridot allows you to let go of feelings that are not serving your highest good.
- Herbs – Rosemary, Lemongrass and Chamomile
- Essential Oils – Frankincense, Fir and Lemon
- Chanting – The sound that activates and balances this chakra is RAM. Say it now.. feel the word in your mouth, tongue and lips. Really emphasize that “m” and draw it out!
- Fire – Using fire as a meditation tool will help to activate the “fire in your belly”. Stare into a candle flame, build a bonfire or light a fire in your fireplace. While staring into the flames, breath deeply in through your nostrils and pull the air into your abdomen. Feel the heat in your belly and allow yourself to feel powerful.
- Color therapy – Wear the opposite color of this chakra, which is purple. Burn a lavender (scented and/or colored) candle. Buy purple flowers for your home or office.
- Crystal therapy – Use honey colored or green colored crystals. These are calming, soothing and will activate your heart chakra to aid in healing your body/mind/spirit.
- Herbs – Lavender, Chamomile
- Essential oils – Lavender, Chamomile
- Chanting – Same as above
The Solar Plexus chakra is also known as Manipura and sits in the space between your navel and breastbone. This chakra is the seat of our will and ...Read More